Omidyar Network is committed to creating opportunity for people to improve their lives and make powerful, lasting contributions to their communities. Our efforts are organized around five initiatives: Consumer Internet & Mobile, Entrepreneurship, Financial Inclusion, Government Transparency, and Property Rights.
United by the principles of individual access, connection, and ownership, we look for solutions that enable people to access credible information and resources, connect with others around shared interests, and take constructive action on the issues that matter to them.
- Consumer Internet & Mobile - enabling people to connect with others, make more informed decisions, access products and services efficiently, express themselves, and take action on what matters to them
- Entrepreneurship - investing in high-growth entrepreneurs that provide low-cost products and services to underserved populations and spur economic growth
- Financial Inclusion - extending access to high-quality, affordable financial services to the poor
- Government Transparency - encouraging accountability and effectiveness of government by increasing people’s access to credible information about government activities and money in politics
- Property Rights - fostering economic security, identity, and wealth creation by helping people establish, formalize, and leverage property rights